We are anticipating severe weather tomorrow, including the possibility of tornadoes and hail, with the worst impacts expected in New Orleans at around 3 p.m. Out of an abundance of caution, we are making the following changes to our operations:
- Faculty from all colleges are asked to teach virtually on Tuesday, March 22, provided that they have power. Academic Affairs will be sending a separate email with some additional information.
- The Monroe Library, Student Health Services and University Sports Complex will close at noon.
- The Orleans Room will operate normally unless there is a power outage.
- Programming for students will be canceled after noon and student building managers in the Danna Center will go home at noon.
- Staff who can work from home are advised to do so. Managers will notify employees who need to be on campus and will discuss timing and logistics. Some staff working on campus may need to leave early to get home before the bad weather hits or to prepare their homes. We are asking that supervisors be flexible with these employees.
We will continue monitoring conditions and may adjust operations further if needed.