For all campus medical emergencies, contact University Police (504) 865-3434.
- Immediately call University Police at (504) 865-3434 or 911 from any campus phone. LUPD will communicate with New Orleans first responders.
- Dial 911 to contact local first responders (Local police, fire or EMS)
- When speaking with LUPD and/or 911 first responders:
- Give your name, location and telephone number,
- Offer as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury or illness, whether the victim is conscious, if they have medical alert ID, etc.
- Do not hang up the phone until directed to do so by the emergency operator
- Do not move a seriously injured person unless the situation is life-threatening.
- Return to the injured and keep him/her as calm and comfortable as possible (as long as it is safe to do so)
- A first responder will arrive at the scene and will summon additional medical personnel as necessary.